Department: Products – Reports to VP, Products
The Product Manager is a seasoned healthcare professional who is responsible for R&D of oncology products with effective care management strategies that position the company to improve quality of care and achieve long term growth while aligning to annual revenue and profitability goals.
- Identify oncology trends and product opportunities and help develop methodologies to manage them
- Build product strategy, including business case, impact methodology and value propositions to obtain executive management and client approval
- Research evidence-based literature, medical studies, publication, clinical trials, and work with medical experts to help identify product/program ideas.
- Research and draft medical policies and protocols for the oncology program (i.e. for medical, radiation, surgical oncology treatments, genetic testing)
- Research and define oncology associated clinical codes (i.e. J-Code, HCPCS, CPT, J-Code, Facility, ICD-10 etc.), diagnostic codes for the program/product, and document them for approval and implementation.
- Maintain oncology managed code list and ensure codes are updated regularly and communicated to all key players
- Research and keep track of new treatments entering the market and collaborate with medical experts to build policy recommendations for these treatments
- Define and write product specs, workflows, clinical rationale and BRD (Business Requirements) documents for new programs/products
- Build training slide deck with clinical rationale and value proposition to train all key players (Internal and external)
- Lead product/program implementations with strategic partners (internal and external)
- Help assist product/program analysis and developing pricing for each product
- Own product communications, including business case, clinical rationale, and analysis models for the purposes of assisting clients and
- Help the sales and marketing teams with prospective client as subject matter expert
- Be a key collaborator in the Product Innovations team to drive ideas and deliver first-rate products
- Support marketing and sales efforts through participation in proposals, presentations, meetings, and conferences.
Required Education & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience developing and implementing products and services in the oncology space
- Minimum: BA/BS Undergraduate degree in Healthcare (Nursing, Pharmacy, or related degree preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience managing medical oncology treatments and formularies (chemo, biologics, antiemetics etc.)
- Experience in research, development, and implementation of oncology products, while collaborating with executive and key operational groups
- Proven record of managing clinical programs with global responsibility and establishing long term strategic growth initiatives
- Proven success and track record as an individual contributor and manager who has demonstrated top line results
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work as an individual contributor with minimal direction and/or as a leader.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strategic, critical but creative thinker, strong business sense and excellent analytical, financial, and operational skills
- Ability to lead, create and work within cross-functional team environments
- Ability to manage complex multi discipline healthcare scenarios
- Knowledge and experience in negotiating and developing critical documents (requirements, strategy, and methodologies etc.) including statement of works (SOWs).
- Ability to create product BRD/Specs, workflows, and technical requirements.
- Efficiency in Visio, Excel, Microsoft Office etc.